Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pricing Pricing Pricing and of course Marketing

Last night I decided to forsake profits for market share. I slashed prices(well actually, inspired by the MSGTAG people i put up a discount coupon)by 40%. This should hopefully start bringing in the people. With the discount offering, the price is really really low and with a price-conscious Indian market its the only thing i could do. I also sat and mailed nearly 50addresses that I had collected over a few weeks. Analytics hasn't started to show anything but its early days. I actually wanted to upgrade my MSGTAG product and then send out the mails, but decided to wait till i bring in some money. I know you need to spend money to make money but i've spent enough already.

I've also activated adwords for the other site. Currently I have 2 ads running which while getting a lot of impressions havent generated any clicks. I'm targetting a niche category so i suppose that plays a part.

Waiting with fingers crossed.

No comments: